Are you interested in improving the cosmetics of your smile? Are you interested in receiving dentures but don’t know what the process entails? Dr. Lechner in Delaware, Ohio
has some answers
that you may be looking for.
Receiving dentures usually will require a few visits over several weeks. The following outlines reps for receiving a denture:
- An impression, or mold, will be taken in order to manufacture a custom denture.
- Many “try-in” visits may occur in order to ensure proper size, shape, and fit.
- Teeth that need to be removed will be removed.
- Temporary dentures will be placed until your customized denture is ready.
- Your customized denture is ready and will be placed.
After your denture is employed it is normal to experience more saliva than normal, some sensitivity, and some problems eating and talking. These issues will subside after your muscles and tissues get used to the new dentures.
After your denture is placed you will provided with guidance on how to care for your denture. The better you take care of your teeth, clean your denture, employ effective oral health
care, and see Dr. Lechner on a regular basis the longer your denture will last.
If you are in the Delaware, OH area and would like additional information on dentures please contact Dr. Lechner at our office at 740-363-8240 or use our online form