In parts one and two of the blog series on Dry Mouth, also referred to as xerostomia, we discussed its definition, the symptoms, and some of the causes.
Tips to increase saliva production:
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day
- Maintain good habits like brushing and flossing twice perday
- Replace your gum with sugarless chewing gum that contains xylitol
- Employ a humidifier while sleeping
- Keep your lips moist
- Maintain regular dental appointments
Unfortunately, there are times where your dry mouth cannot be solved. If this is the case Dr. Lechner may recommend some medications that can help your dry mouth and keep your mouth healthy.
For tips like this and more, please like us Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter!