Around 42,000 people in the US will be diagnosed with oral or throat cancer
, according to the American Dental Association. Since early detection provides the best chance for successful treatment, regular oral cancer exams are essential.
Here are some symptoms to look for. If you have any of these symptoms, and they persist for more than two weeks, be sure to schedule an appointment at our Delaware, OH office
as soon as possible.
• Persistent mouth irritation
• White or red patches
• Tenderness, numbness or pain in the lips or mouth
• Lumps, rough spots, crusty or eroded areas
• Difficulty in speaking, chewing, swallowing, speaking or moving your tongue or jaw
• Changes in the way your bite (the way your teeth fit together)
For more information on oral cancer, check out the American Dental Association's page on the subject. To make an appointment with Lecher Dental Group, click here
or call us at: 740-363-8240.