One of the most commonly requested dental procedures in teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is one of the easiest, non-invasive ways to improve the cosmetics of your smile. Unfortunately, for some people, their teeth are stained for reasons that cannot be corrected by a whitening toothpaste or a whitening system. However, in these cases, porcelain veneers are available. Veneers can not only change the color of your teeth, but also the shape.
Porcelain veneers are extremely thin shells that are placed on the front surface of your teeth with the purpose of improving the look of your smile. Porcelain veneers tend to resist stains extremely well, and closely mimic the look of your natural teeth.
Below, is a list of issues that porcelain veneers can correct.
- Teeth with discoloration from medication, root canal, or trauma
- Teeth that have a gap in between them that needs to be closed
- Teeth that have excessive wear due to bad habits or bruxism
- Teeth that are chipped/broken and need to be reshaped or lengthened
What advantages do porcelain veneers offer?
- Veneers have an extremely natural look
- Porcelain is tolerated well by your gum tissue
- You can choose the shade of your veneer to improve the whiteness of your smile
- Porcelain is typically very stain resistant
Another advantage of receiving a veneer is that it is a relatively easy procedure. You will first receive a diagnosis and treatment plan, then your tooth will be prepared to receive the veneer, and, finally, your veneer will be placed!
Are you interested in learning more about veneers?
Fore information like this and more, follow us on Facebook and Twitter!