Did you know that brushing and flossing are not the only ways to help prevent tooth decay and cavities? There are little eating habits that you can include in your diet that can help keep your teeth healthy and cavity free.
- Include dairy in your diet: According to researchers, proteins in dairy products, such as cheese and milk, have a protective property that could help keep teeth healthy.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables: Fruits and veggies do a lot for your body. They help maintain your health not only in your body, but in your teeth too.
- Chew sugar-less gum: Chewing gum may not be so bad after all. Sugar-less gum contains xylitol, a sugar substitute that is an effective cavity fighter.
- Eat sugar-free candy: It contains that same sweetener as sugar-less gum, xylitol, which helps prevent cavities from forming.
- Include wine and raisins in your diet: A study suggests that an individual chemical component in wine and raisins actively fights the bacteria that causes tooth decay and cavities. Just don’t drink too much wine!
For more information on preventing cavities and tooth decay, please visit Mouth Healthy and Everyday Health.
If you would like to make an appointment at our general dentistry office in Delaware, Ohio, please contact us!